As a Professional Services Engineer, you will scope, define, plan, track and manage complex customer projects as a part of the Professional Services function. You will also be responsible for ensuring appropriate management to customer, cross-functional teams. Your ability to lead, motivate, and encourage teamwork is essential in this team environment. Your solid technical background will enable you to understand issues and obstacles in order for you to make accurate technology decisions. Your primary role will deliver VMware , virtualization and hybrid cloud related projects, you will be required to assist to deliver data management and storage related projects to Infofabrica Consulting (IFF)'s enterprise customers in Singapore or ASEAN.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of professional services, skills articulating the value proposition of IFF professional services solutions, and the ability to develop detailed scope of work, level of effort, financial and legal components. Candidate will be focused towards working with customers to ensure smooth delivery of the project.
· Install, configure and maintain a scalable and high availability virtual environment utilizing VMware vSphere ESXi hypervisor
· Assist in maintaining server images and configuring Windows and Linux servers as required
· Develop plans for deploying and administering virtual machines, images and vApps
· Manage and balance virtual machine resources across hosts in the clusters
· Establish and maintain service levels, monitor vSphere implementations, and manage vCenter server alarms
· Maintain, troubleshoot and resolve Active Directory issues
· Troubleshoot and resolve VMware vSphere issue
· Manage and balance virtual machines in Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) clusters
· Perform daily VMware and server administration, maintenance and upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
· Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
· Utilize Site Recovery Manager (SRM) for disaster recovery failover
· Support the Development and System Administration Teams with their virtual machine access and server tasks
· Participate in after-hours support
· Assist with researching, evaluating and recommending VMware related software, hardware and services
· Assess virtual machine risks and perform contingency planning
· Stay current on VMware vSphere related technologies
· Serve as a technical resource for infrastructure initiatives that require virtualization expertise
· Expertise in VMware administration
· Knowledge in Active Directory particularly in a large environment
· Ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct malfunctions and help resolve multi-faceted problems
· Ability to perform capacity and resource planning, assess risks and recommend, design and implement VMware server environments
· Working knowledge of server, network and application deployments
· Working experience in network/server administration
· In-depth knowledge of VMware vSphere is required
· In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Linux operating systems is required
· Working knowledge on Windows and Linux hardening will be an advantage
· Working knowledge of storage area network (SAN) technologies is a plus
Education & Experience:
· 5 years’ professional experience in related technology or solution area is preferred
· Experience that demonstrates a significant level of expertise in VMware technology from consulting to implementation
· Strong team player with capability to work independently on projects
· Technical expertise in the area of systems, cloud, storage, and data management.
· This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
For Interested candidates, who wish to apply for the above position, you may send in your resume to email@example.com, Ms Khatty Yang.
|Professional Services Engineer|